The European Forum for Studies of Policies for Research and Innovation, Eu-SPRI Forum, together with the Science Policy Research Unit (SPRU) and INGENIO, is convening a winter school on Innovation Policy for Transformative Change. This is the pilot for a new series of summer and winter schools.
Participants of the course will become familiar with the state-of-the-art conceptualisation and policy practices associated with Innovation for Transformative Change, being able to:
- Critically examine the prevalent framings of science and technology policy, placing them in historical perspective
- Recognise and discuss the emerging policy practices which embody the Transformative Change framing
- Identify and critically assess methods and approaches with the potential to ‘open-up’ and democratise STI policies
- Consider the role of alternative science and technology indicators
- Reflect on the relevance of the Transformative Change frame to their current research and professional practice
Target audience: PhD candidates (except 1st-year students), Early Career Researchers, Innovation and policy professionals, social entrepreneurs.
More information, including fees and application procedure may be found on the Call for applications